This is a live webinar. Registered participants will receive an e-mail with instructions on how to join the workshop.
CEUs/Category: 3.0 Cat. 1 CEUs
Course Description: People with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) and other disabilities have valued social roles in communities and organizations. Schools, agencies, recreation programs, congregations and communities all play a unique role in encouraging the full participation of people with disabilities in the community. This workshop will discuss ways in which systems collaboration helps to strategize change in intervention development, implementation and service delivery, and will offer effective strategies for facilitating the social inclusion and full participation of people with I/DD and other disabilities in schools, organizations and the community.
Instructional Level: Intermediate
Learning Objectives: This workshop is designed to help participants:
1. Demonstrate understanding of the difference between increasing the community presence of people with I/DD and other disabilities.
2. Identify how to facilitate the social inclusion and participation of people with I/DD within the community.
3. Describe system level data outcomes (costs of services, residential and employment services) to inform practice and individual outcomes.
4. Discuss the role of school, home and vocational rehabilitation programs in the transition from school to adult life and competitive integrated employment.
5. Discuss the valued social roles that people with disabilities hold in the community.
6. Utilize effective strategies that work to increase social inclusion, community living, support and full meaningful participation across different groups and cultures.
Maryland Center for Developmental Disabilities at Kennedy Krieger Institute is authorized by the Board of Social Work Examiners in Maryland to sponsor social work continuing education programs and maintains full responsibility for this program. Kennedy Krieger Institute is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Kennedy Krieger Institute maintains responsibility for this program and its content. 3.0 Continuing Education Credits (Category 1) will be granted to social workers and licensed psychologists. A Certificate of Attendance will be made available for all other disciplines. This seminar reflects program content and is intended to meet the Maryland license requirement to enhance competence in the provision of psychological services to culturally diverse populations. No conflicts have been identified (this includes commercial support and research grants/funding). The registration fees include: $55 registration fee will be charged for professionals, $15 registration for parents/caregivers/individuals with disabilities, and $10 for students/trainees workshop registrations.
No processing fee required for payment by check. Apply promo code "PAYBYCHECK” at checkout. All checks must be received 5 business days prior to the training
Make check payable to: Kennedy Krieger Institute (In note section write "MCDD SLS Training")
Mail check to: Maryland Center for Developmental Disabilities at Kennedy Krieger Institute, Attn: MCDD Training Program, 7000 Tudsbury Road, Baltimore, MD 21244
Kennedy Krieger Institute Employees: Enter promo code "KKISTAFF" at checkout.
Cancellation Policy: Refund requests must be received by fax 443-923-9570 or e-mail Training.MCDD@kennedykrieger.org 7 business days before the training. No refunds will be made thereafter.
Maryland Center for Developmental Disability at Kennedy Krieger Institute reserves the right to cancel any of its workshops due to unforeseen circumstances. In this event, we will refund the registration fee only and not additional costs associated with attending the workshop. Should you have any questions, call 443-923-5555.
Thursday, July 9, 2020 at 9:00am to 12:15pmVirtual Event